Search Away!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Down & Out? I Don't Think So

I've been blogging about my running for a mere 4 days now, and I already have to take a break. LAME.


But I can promise you that I'm not taking this hiatus because I want to. I just got back from the doc's, where he corrected my ingrown toenails on both big toes. It's a surgery I've been needing for awhile, and it'll help my running significantly; now I won't have to worry about hurting my feet when I run. But if I want my wee-little-toes to heal properly, I have to stay in bed with my feet elevated for 24 hours, I have to be easy on my feet until next Tuesday, and the doc said I shouldn't run for at least another week, maybe even a week and some change.

But are my skies grey? Are clouds moving in?

NEV-AH!


I'm stuck in a bed, but I'm going to crank out a lot of art projects, mark my words! Heck, I may even post them on this blog, seeing as my thousands of followers will not stop demanding them of me... :) (is it wrong that I want this blog to go all Julie Powell?) I have commissions to finish, personal projects that need to be started, and a lot of mindless doodling that is long past due. I am excited for this weekend, and this break from running, although it scares me from a training stand-point, is currently well-received. (My first run after recovery is going to be interesting, that's all I'll say)

Oh, I have some great news! I had a skin-fold test today, and my results definitely put a smile on my face. My fat-percentage is now low enough that I my body composition is considered to be: Athletic. Not average, not OK, not satisfactory, not fit... ATHLETIC! Boo-yah.

1 comment:

  1. Hayden, DO post some work, I really miss it. I dare say that i would sit through a Nancy rant just to watch a daydream take shape.

    ReplyDelete