Search Away!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Find Something New For You

Here's some interesting advice: Try a new food.


When this was given to me, I casually blew it off. I have a varied palette, I'm not afraid to try new foods... But upon further examination, I realized that it had been quite some time since I had tried something new! It had been weeks, maybe a month! Bad form, Mr. Evans. Bad form indeed.


So I've taken the initiative: I'm going to try something new! So I tried grapefruit for the first time, I sautéed the onions on my sandwich in a new blend of herbs, panini-pressed a peanut-butter & banana sandwich. You don't have to sample the rare Jangowäen-Fruit of Zombawäin (mostly because neither of those things don't exist...) to accomplish this task. Try a new recipe, put a little cinnamon on your fruit, be creative with how you assemble your turkey sandwich. Then take this principle and thrust it into every other facet of your life. Variety is the spice of life, and you want a rich bouillabaisse of experiences, not a simple Kraft Mac-n-Cheese. In doing this, I guarantee you will find an excitement in doing the day's small tasks. That "spirit of adventure" that I mention so much? Here's step one in discovering your inner adventurer! In finding a thrill with these small adjustments, your mind will be constantly on the lookout for ways to find excitement in every aspect of your day. A few days back, I saw my family passively enjoying their Monday, I believe we were all watching TV. A shame, really, to be so close to each other but not connecting with each other... So I seized the free-time we all had, and I asked my family if they wanted to play a round of Hide-N-Seek. They all leapt up, and we played for at least a half-hour. When we could have been lazily gazing at the television, watching a show I'm sure we had all seen before, we instead decided to spend our time as a family doing something engaging and entertaining. If that isn't living life as an adventure, I don't know what is!


Do you accept my offer? I would love to hear from you what you plan on doing new this week. Feel free to post! Keep it simple, keep it fun, and if you can get some other folks involved... even greater.


Keep your goggles clean and your compass steady... Make today an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment